Do you love the way your smile looks? If you don’t, then 2022 could be the year that makes all the difference. By adopting good oral hygiene habits, staying on top of your visits with the dentist, and by whitening your teeth at the dentist’s office, you could make your smile extra lovely in the coming year.
Here’s what the professionals at Weninger Dentistry suggest:
Commit to Your Oral Hygiene Routine
Be honest: do you really brush your teeth two times per day, for two minutes each time? Do you floss every day? Do you practice brushing and flossing like the dentist demonstrates when you’re in the office for routine cleanings? If not, then you’re probably doing your teeth a disservice.
Brush your teeth every morning when you wake up, and every evening before bed. Floss at least once per day too.
Here are some tips for brushing and flossing:
- Use a dentist-recommended electric toothbrush. Most toothbrushes will turn off after 2 minutes, so you don’t have to time yourself as you brush. Brush your teeth until the toothbrush shuts off.
- Brush lightly, moving the toothbrush head in little circles. Never push hard with the brush, as this can contribute to gum recession.
- Use a soft bristle brush. Using soft bristles can help prevent gum recession.
- Floss with dental floss, not dental sticks. Flossing takes practice. If you’ve forgotten your flossing lessons from the dentist, ask for a refresher the next time you go into the office for a routine cleaning.
Schedule Your Routine Cleanings Now
Make your appointments with the dentist in 2022. When you go in for the routine teeth cleaning in Tampa, have a list of questions prepared, to make the most of the appointment. Some suggestions:
- How should I change my cleaning routine to better care for my teeth?
- What dental conditions am I at risk for, and what can I do to prevent those conditions?
- Are any other extra procedures that could help keep my teeth healthy? Do you recommend that I get those procedures now, or should I wait?
Boost Your Smile with Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening can improve your confidence, which can affect your personal and professional life. The most effective teeth whitening procedures are done in the dentist office. You’ll get the most out of your teeth whitening procedure if your oral hygiene routine at home is strong and consistent.
At Weninger Dentistry, we’re happy to schedule your next teeth whitening procedure. Call us today to find out whether teeth whitening is right for you.
Are You Ready to Maintain a Beautiful Smile in the New Year? Contact Weninger Dentistry.
Make 2022 the year of good oral hygiene and beautiful smiles! At Weninger Dentistry, we’re committed to helping you maintain a beautiful smile and pearly whites in the coming year. We’re scheduling appointments for 2022 – call today to make your next appointment with your Tampa dentist.