Commonly misdiagnosed or overlooked, subtle misalignments in the temporomandibular joints can be a common significant source of head and neck pain. If you have frequent and severe head or neck pain, you owe it to yourself to investigate Weninger Dentistry’s life-changing approach to correcting these problems through TMJ therapy.
The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is the hinge joint that connects the lower jaw to the temporal bone of the skull, located in front of the ear on each side of your head. The joints are flexible, enabling the jaw to move smoothly up and down and side to side allowing you to talk, chew, and yawn. The muscles attached to and surrounding the jaw joint control the position and movement of the jaw.
Symptoms of TMJ problems:
- Popping, clicking, or crackling sounds in or near the ear
- Pain when opening or closing the mouth
- Tenderness or soreness of the jaw
- Pain or tenderness when chewing
- Ringing in the ears
- Severe pain in the joint area
- Pain around the eyes, cheeks
- Chronic fatigue
- Tenderness and swelling at the sides of the face
- “Locking” of the jaw
- Tingling or burning sensations in the mouth, tongue, or throat
Our approach to the treatment of TMJ problems involves a special device worn in the mouth…along with a regime of corrective TMJ therapy. It’s an end to neck and headache pain…and a new, more comfortable life! Contact us today for an appointment.